Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Blog Post 8, Final Project Ideas - Due Thursday, April 10th

So, as I outlined last week, our final project will be something more than a written essay. We're going to talk more about genre and platform tomorrow, but for now, I want some pieces of information from you.

1) What social exigence will you be fighting against? Or what movement will you be situating yourself within? NOTE: If you want to start a movement or something like it, think locally: try to fix something on FSU's campus or something within Tallahassee.
2) Within the artifact you make, what is/are your rhetorical goal(s)? What persuasive function(s) are you trying to achieve? Why do you think this rhetorical goal is the most important as opposed to any of the others?
3) What Languaging Strategies and Tactics might you rely on? How will they complement the persuasive function you are trying to accomplish?

Remember, I want 300-400 words in answering these questions.

See y'all tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. For my final project, I will be fighting against animal abuse and slaughter for fast food. I plan on representing the PETA group because they are extremely well known for the fight for animal freedom, and they are almost always successful in getting their point across. At first I was planning on creating my own group for the same cause, but the more I thought about it, led me to realize that all the ideas I had, PETA had already done it, so why not put my idea into one of their projects? I decided on making a collage on two kinds of pictures. On the corners of the poster I will place black and white pictures of animals being abused and slaughtered in factory farms and slaughterhouses. I will mainly use cows, chickens, and pigs, because those are the animals that we eat the most. In the middle I will place colored pictures of fast food commercials such as McDonalds, Wendy’s and KFC. These pictures will have very bright colors with smiling people eating the burgers. On top of the pictures I will use a short slogan against animal abuse for fast food in red paint as if it had been written with blood. I feel like this poster will be an excellent portrayal for the truth about fast food. the colored pictures represent all the commercials fast food chains make to make their food seem appetizing, fast, and economical. The black and white pictures are a great representation of how the same fast food chains who always show off their amazing food, hide where it really comes from, and what they have to do to offer the value of their food. the slogan will put these two ideas, for whoever does not understand the meaning of the pictures, but I feel that even if I did not include the slogan, it would be obvious that the black and white pictures are what is being hidden from the public. This collage will be an excellent use of obscenity; many individuals have an idea of where their food comes from, but no one really thinks too much of it, or even believes it. Showing these obscene pictures will cause everyone to face the unbearable truth.
    -Sol Caruso

    ReplyDelete