Wednesday, April 16, 2014

blog post 8


1) Throughout the course of the semester, I have researched animal rights movement and focused on factory farming to show how important it is for animals to receive moral treatment when they are getting prepared to provide consumers food. However, I have decided that I will transition to working on obesity. The social exigence that I will be fighting against is unhealthy eating, becoming active for at least 30 minutes a day, and to get more sleep. Obesity has become a major social issue in the world due to the production of processed food that young children are overeating and not getting enough physical activity. I want to situate myself within healthy promotion of all ages.

2)The rhetorical goals that I want to achieve are to help people realize that they can start leading a healthy life, and it does not have to be excruciatingly difficult. The persuasive function that I am trying to achieve is the benefiting of leading a more fruitful, healthy lifestyle. Eating healthy and exercising is great for the soul and body. It does not have to be difficult. The strategies I would try to achieve would be changing one’s perception of the present and slogans that would help encourage people to create a healthy lifestyle for not only themselves but their families.
  
3) The language strategies and tactics that I will rely on throughout the brochure I will be making is labeling healthy eating as a fun activity that does not have to be extremely expensive or daunting. I want the viewers to feel as if eating healthy is something that is attainable and that working out can actually be enjoyable. I would not be enlisting ridicule or obscenity within my project because it would deter people away from the cause, most likely feeling embarrassed for being overweight or not eating healthy. I would try to persuade viewers using positive, uplifting language.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment