Monday, April 14, 2014

Blog 8

For my final project I will be placing myself within the movement brought forth by FSU's administration to change the seminole logo. The logo of the seminole head is a touchy subject for many due to its historical background, as its the same one that has been used for the past 43 years. However, this new logo will provide consistency through all athletic teams and apparel. This is a controversial topic with people who wish to change it, versus those who refuse to accept it.

The artifact I wish to create regarding this movement for my final project will be a brochure that could be passed out to those who don't agree with changing the logo, such as protesters who this past weekend situated themselves outside the stadium during the spring football game. I hope to help those who are against the logo see why FSU decided to change the seminole head and design of their clothing. I hope to legitimize FSU's initiative to change the logo through ethos, pathos, and logos. I think by legitimizing the social movement I will explain to those who are against the changing of the logo why this is happening and how it is actually a good thing for our university in terms of athletic uniforms, merchandise, and other areas.

Throughout my brochure, I will use images of the old logo compared to the new as well as other instances in which a company or college's logo was changed for the better and noting specific changes and why they were made. I will also use significant quotes from our university, the creator of our old logo, the Seminole Tribe of Florida, and Nike officials to tell those who still do not agree what these famous figures have to say about upholding tradition through the changing of our logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment