Jordan Dobrow
Blog Post #8
1.
Throughout this semester, I have analyzed the
women’s rights movement. As I realized
the year was coming to a close and it was time to choose an idea for my final
project, I have decided to continue to explore this movement; however, I have
chosen to focus on an issue that I see everyday across the FSU campus. This issue is teen pregnancy and date
rape. Many young women are unaware of
the consequences of unprotected sex often times are given drugs in which they
do not realize what is happening to them.
2.
For my rhetorical artifact, I intend to make an
advertisement (that could go on billboards, flyers or be distributed through
the mail) that brings awareness to this social problem. I want the advertisement to make women more aware
of the problem, show them ways to prevent it from happing to them and for those
who have been victims, show what they can do about the problem itself. This common problem is prevalent across
college campuses nationwide. I feel as
though bringing awareness to young women on campus should be my primary
goal. This is because many women are either
naïve or in denial that “date rape” could happen to them. They are also in denial of how common it is
across our campus.
3.
I think, “Transforming perceptions of social
reality” is the most important languaging strategy to rely on. This is because, showing college women that
they are at risk and explaining how they are primary targets for “date rape”
will change their perception of the problem.
They will feel as thought the problem is directly targeted at them. This will cause women to be more cautious at
parties and strengthen their ability to see dangers they are at risk of.
No comments:
Post a Comment