Monday, April 14, 2014

Blog Post 8

     Although I have been researching the Women’s Suffrage Movement this entire semester, I thought it would be more productive for me to do my final project on feminism today. The movement began in the 1840s and is still going on today although with a different agenda. Women have clearly gained the right to vote but are still not treated entirely equal to men. For my artifact, I think I will create a protest poster to visually represent the goals of the social movement. It will exhibit the desperation most women have for gender equality. I believe this way of laying out the information is most effective because it is what was used in the women’s suffrage movement years ago which has meaning and was extremely successful. The main goal for the artifact I create is to transform perceptions of social reality. Some people may not believe that gender equality is an important or urgent issue. I plan on changing that  perception to one that makes people want to change and make a difference. I want to come up with a slogan to exemplify the need for change. Incorporating both the female and male symbols on the poster will help people identify with the movement. Identification is imperative in the fight for change because it is the persuasion needed to join a movement. The use of “we” will also be productive because it will allow people to feel needed and urge everyone to participate. The slogan written on the poster will be unique, catchy, and easily identifiable to the feminist movement. I hope that these languaging tactics and strategies will help make an impact on its audience and increase participation. Gender equality is a serious issue that many people have left to the side and not paid much attention to. As a female specifically, I feel it is my job to show the world there needs to be a change in the way it views women. 


No comments:

Post a Comment